Ability to Work Effectively and Tactfully with Others
This course will upgrade your ability to collaborate with others in a compelling and harmonious way. Discover important skills to increase productivity, expand your repertoire of support options, and explore ways to resolve conflict with confidence. Review negotiation strategies and methods to build goodwill and trust with colleagues in order to receive positive feedback and an improved working relationship. Avoid destructive behaviors and close communication gaps. Learn how to typewatch and determine temperaments for increased collaboration and a pleasant working environment. Join this opportunity to elevate your ability to work effectively and tactfully with others.
- Participants receive an introductory email and pre-class assignment. (Optional)
- Participants gather for a 3.5-hour virtual instructor-led training (VILT) session explaining key lessons.
- Participants complete their individual assignments in between VILT sessions. (Individual assignments limited to 2 hours.)
- Participants gather for a 3.5-hour VILT workshop to present their findings, receive feedback for real-world application, and share additional techniques.
- Individual exercises, including personal assessments
- Small group exercises
- Facilitated discussions
- Practical application exercises
- Instructor presentations
- Facilitator and peer feedback
- Knowledge checks
- Action planning
- Optional assignments for outside the classroom
- Optional DiSC or Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) profile assessment and practical application (Note: The additional 3.5 hour session is recommended as the first of three sessions if chosen, and the session may be conducted separately from this course too. There are various DiSC and MBTI assessment options, and each is conducted by an experienced and certified professional.)