You can count on Federal Training Academy.
Since 1999, we have provided specialized training, coaching, and consulting. We are dedicated to helping you:
- Link people and missions in an agile world.
- Increase your productivity and achieve best outcomes.
- Successfully manage change.
- Develop strong career paths and improve career advancement.
Federal Training Academy is a small, women-owned, minority-owned business.
We offer several distinct advantages, such as award-winning virtual engagement, an on-line customer library, free workshops, certification programs, and discount pricing. We strive to offer the best customer experiences and quality courses tailored to meet organizational needs and boost career advancement. Our global speakers and educators have trained and coached thousands of clients from every federal department as well as public sector and commercial companies.
Our team of outstanding professionals has specialized experience in training and coaching government employees. We speak the “language,” know the system, and focus our efforts on your career and achieving the mission.
We have global experience with 49+ countries and understand the impact of cultural differences and business etiquette along with an emphasis on embracing Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Accessibility, and Belonging (DEIA&B).
Federal Training Academy has proven and consistent success partnering with leaders of all levels on global high-profile teams.
Try one of Federal Training Academy’s courses. We’ll exceed your expectations.
Since 1999, our educators and coaches have worked with thousands of federal employees from every department in the federal sector as well as public sector and commercial companies.
Federal Training Academy is committed to:
- Providing specialized services that no other training company offers. We customize all of our efforts for our customers and treat our customers better than any other company.
- Starting with training thousands of federal and local government employees exclusively in 1999, Federal Training Academy specifically designed courses for government employees. Soon, through word-of-mouth recommendations, Federal Training Academy expanded to serve global clients, such as the World Bank Group and commercial clients.
- Recruiting and retaining dynamic educators, speakers, and coaches who are experts in their field and crave to understand each client. Our educators, speakers, and coaches add value to every delivery with their knowledge, exceptional experiences, growth mindset, and passion.
- Limiting our enrollment for each training class and workshop. This allows instructors to give individual attention to each participant and fully engage with the material for practical use in the workplace.
- Helping our clients reach their organizational and career goals by providing the best training and coaching along with additional support services.
- Keeping the training and coaching practical for better on-the-job performance and increased career advancement opportunities.
- Earning a reputation among clients for providing the best value for every dollar.
Make Federal Training Academy your first choice.
The Federal Training Academy team has outstanding credentials for both in-person and virtual deliveries. A high percentage of doctorates and master’s degrees combined with many years of relevant experience are the signature trademark of our educators, speakers, facilitators, and coaches. With high engagement levels and enthusiastic interaction, we ensure learning absorption for practical use on the job. We attract, hire, and retain the best by treating them as well as we treat our customers…first class all the way!
Listed below are some of the credentials for our dynamic team:
- MBA from the Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia; BS from the McIntire School of Business Administration at the University of Virginia; recipient of community, local government, and industry awards including in the virtual environment; community and professional leadership appointments; change management consultant; trained thousands of people in government and industry with a client list including all major departments of the federal government; speaker for association events, including Senior Executives Association, Blacks in Government, African American Federal Executive Association, Training Officers Consortium, and Federally Employed Women; acquired government security clearances.
- Master’s in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the University of Virginia specializing in Communications; thousands of government clients from security agencies, State Dept, Dept of Defense/Pentagon/all branches of the military, and White House; industry clients including NASCAR racing teams, Krispy Kreme, Pepsi Bottling Ventures, financial institutions, public utilities, and universities; recipient of numerous professional awards and honors; appointed to many prestigious leadership teams and public speaking events; Cisco certifications include CCIE, CCNA, and Meraki; acquired government security clearances at Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmentalized Information level. Extensive work trips in 49 countries.
- Master’s degree in Organization Development and Human Resources with concentrations in Organizational Development and Change Management from The Johns Hopkins University; earned post-graduate certificate in The Neuroscience of Leadership with concentrations in Problem-solving and Decision-making, the Emotional Brain, Collaboration/Social Brain, and Facilitating Change from Middlesex University in London; Leadership Coaching graduate certificate from Georgetown University; Management of Change graduate certificate from The Johns Hopkins University; International Coaching Federation (ICF) member badge; certified Dare to Lead Facilitator; Leadership Circle Profile Certification; Collective Leadership Assessment Certification; World Business & Executive Coach Summit coaching practitioner; certified Conversational Intelligence Coach and Facilitator.
- PhD and Master’s of Philosophy in Industrial/Organizational Psychology from the George Washington University; BA in Psychology from James Madison University; certified facilitator in 10+ professional assessments; 30+ years experience providing strategic human capital consulting, dynamic facilitation, and impactful training design and development; specializes in leadership development, employee engagement, performance management, workshop facilitation, team building, executive coaching, and change management; association clients include Mortgage Bankers Association and the University Space Research Association.
- Master’s of Arts in English from Auburn University; BA in English from Jacksonville State University; graduate of Coaches Training Institute and member of International Coaching Federation; certified administrator of 10+ assessments and tools; large industry clients, such as Lockheed Martin, HP, and Panasonic; extensive government experience working with 10+ federal government departments; internal HR executive in Fortune 50 companies, such as Coca-Cola Enterprises. Extensive work trips to Saudi Arabia, Brazil, Great Britain, Japan, and India.
- PhD in Organizational Leadership and Human Resource Development from Regent University; MBA from Shepherd University; BS in Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Presbyterian College; ICF-accredited Professional Life Coach from Coach Training Alliance; 10+ years of experience designing, developing, and facilitating workshops for international organizations and universities.
- PhD and MS in Operational Management from Carnegie Mellon University; BE (Honors) ECE from College of Engineering, Guindy, Madras, India; Executive-in-Residence, Innovation Lab, Integrated Innovation Institute at Carnegie Mellon University; award winner and author for inspiring Indian/Asian women in technical fields; focus on mentoring, innovation, and entrepreneurship.
- MBA in Organizational and Human Resources Development; member of American Society of Training & Development (ASTD), Society of Human Resources Management (SHRM), and Society of Applied Learning Technology (SALT); certifications and assessments in Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), Strengths Deployment Inventory (SDI), Leasdership Work Styles, and Thomas-Kilmann Instrument (TKI) StrengthsFinder 2.0; with 20+ years experience and expertise in Executive Coaching, Leadership Development, Project Management, Team Building, and Performance Management with international clients; founder of Alliance of Creative Professional Women.
- Certified master facilitator (1 of 44 in the world), certified coach, certified diversity executive, and certified emotional intelligence practicioner; served 14 years in the US Intelligence community and Department of Defense; culture executive for DIA and NGA, chief of Leadership Development and Training, and leadership development training lead for influencing workforce culture, leading organizational change and neuroleadership; held positions as Diversity Executive, Compensation Executive, and Chief of Enterprise Training for large 10,000+ organizations.
- Senior Executive Service (Retired); Executive Leadership in Strategic Planning, Business Operations and Process Improvement, Acquisition Management, Human Capital Management, Leader Development, Workforce Relations, Emergency Management and Continuity of Operations, Organizational Health and Wellness; directed and oversaw review of FLETC’s service contracts, oversaw the planning and implementation of FLETC’s first recycling program; former Assistant Director, Mission and Readiness Support Directorate of FLETC; retired US Air Force; awarded White House Presidential Rank Award for Meritorious Service, Department of Homeland Security Secretary’s Unity of Effort Award, United States Air Force Meritorious Service Medal.
- MBA from New York University; Center for Executive Coaching (ICF); NeuroLeadership Institute (Brain-Based coaching); Neurobiology of Everyday Life from University of Chicago; Psychology from Yale University (Advanced Degree); served financial industry
in business development and sales; published two history books contributing to the understanding of the Founding of America in the corporate world; executive coach with unique combination of extensive international business development and communication; fluent in both English and Dutch.
- PhD, Organizational Communication & Leadership; Doctoral Fellow, Interpersonal & Organizational Communication; award-winning educator, trainer and researcher with more than 20 years of combined experience in the areas of communication, leadership, employee training, online teaching and learning, course development, curriculum design and academic program management; expertise for combining traditional higher education best practices with innovative delivery models for the online classroom environment; highly skilled in working with faculty, course developers and subject matter experts in transitioning traditional for-credit courses to online and blended formats; speech writing is currently passion.
- Master of Science in Economics & Applied Social Studies; Post Graduate Diploma in Applied Social Science; Qualified Executive Coach – Institute of Leadership & Management; Honorary Lecturer – Swansea University; certified practitioner of the EQ-i 2.0® / EQ360® & MTQ48® assessment tools; workplace mentoring level 7 and DISC for Personal Development; with over 25 years of experience in the public, private, and third sector – helps clients to transform & overcome challenges to become more effective in leading their people to achieve better business results; coaches to develop & refine leadership & management practices & strategies for improved performance, teamwork & results; worked in India, Africa, North America & across Northern Europe; resides in Wales.
- Master’s degree in Communications-Design from Folkwang University of Arts; 10+ years experience in Creative Direction and Consulting creating award-winning experiences for brands such as Lufthansa, Montblanc, DHL, Telekom and Fila; Professional Certified Coach by the International Coach Federation PCC-Level; Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching CPC and ELI Master Practitioner; NLP Master Practitioner; TRuST Headcoach; Lecturing Self-Management and Social Competences for the University of Applied Sciences and Arts in Dortmund, Germany; best-selling author and speaker with focus on Conscious Integrated Leadership.
- Acclaimed workplace expert, speaker, strategist and innovator specializing in interdisciplinary expertise in the areas of innovative global workplace initiatives, culture change, strategic communications, knowledge management, next generation/future workplace predictions, performance and talent management, and employee engagement. 20+ year career in public service includes assignments throughout the United States Intelligence Community and across the Federal government. Veteran of the Unites States Army, having served as both an enlisted soldier and commissioned officer.
- Retired Senior Executive Service member and Retired US Naval Commander; former Director of the US Navy Office of Small Business Programs responsible for small business acquisition policy and strategic initiatives; graduate of the US Naval Academy and has Masters Degree in Acquisition and Contract Management; Certified Professional Contract Manager through the National Contract Management Association.
- Former Senior Contracting Official (GS-15); Bachelor of Science in Business Education; DAWIA Certified Contracting Professional; member of distinguished Army Acquisition Corps; member of the Fraternal Order of Eagles; provided strategic leadership and executive oversight of the Contracting and Procurement missions for various agencies within the US Department of Defense; served four tours as the Chief of Contracting for the US Army Corps of Engineers in Support of Operation Iraqi Freedom; multiple time recipient of the Superior Civilian Service Award, Commanding General Award for Excellence and Command Sergeant Major Award for Excellence.
- BA in Language and International Trade from Clemson University; professional coach, corporate trainer, process improvement specialist, language and intercultural coach, author, and speaker; uses lean six sigma process improvement methods to design, create, develop, improve and scale the systems and processes that support human ingenuity, organizational and operational excellence; awarded Clemson University’s Young Alumni of Merit; multilingual in English, Japanese and Spanish.
- Retired Deputy Commander, UK Special Forces; 30-year military career in the Royal Marine Commandos and UK Special Forces; former co-head for Europe Middle East & Africa of Goldman Sachs leadership and development platforms; Executive coach and accredited Marshall Goldsmith Executive and Team Coach; clients range from senior ‘C Level’ executives to Olympic coaches; leadership, management and business consultant with over 45 years experience working with financial service industry, military, and athletes.
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude with BS in Criminology, Law, and Society with Minor in Intelligence Analysis from George Mason University; 5+ years experience with public and private sector building and uniting teams; significant expertise in planning and managing crises as business resilience professional; currently driving integration of operational processes for the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency; Certified Coach, Speaker, Trainer (John Maxwell Team), Certified Business Continuity Professional (Disaster Recovery Institute), and Member of the Fairfax County Emergency Response Team (CERT); currently pursuing Master of Science in Leadership with a concentration in Government and Military Leadership from Norwich University.